Nov 30, 2019

教員対象「多読ワークショップ」やってきました

I had a chance to lecture about Tadoku to teachers working at junior high and high schools in Tokyo. I sometimes have a lecture course for citizens, but it was the first time to share the time with teachers, so I was a bit nervous if they'd really listen to me, since I'm not the full-time teacher, but from their way of asking questions or thanking me for having the chance to know Tadoku, I guess the class went okay and beneficial in some ways.

There is one thing I learned yesterday. In the ordinary class, when I want to hear what others think, I simply say, "what do you think?". But when it comes to teachers, it's not enough to say like that. I need to emphasize that I need your thoughts, not just general ideas, by adding something like in your own opinion. Unless I'd end up having lots of boring and flat opinions. Teachers are so skilled at pretending to be ideal students with ideal answers. Good to have learned that...

 The following is the video I showed yesterday. Contrary to my worries that it's a bit too long, 15 min, so some of them would get bored and start taking a nap, many of them found it quite interesting and even laughter broke out some times. One teacher said she'd like to have her students' parents to watch it.